Always Was, Always will Be. The 2020 National NAIDOC Week theme has been chosen to shine a focus on the length of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander occupation of Australia.
Programmed acknowledges Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People as the First Australians. As a national workplace employer, we acknowledge that our business is conducted on the traditional land of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island people. We acknowledge their continuing connection to country and pay our respects to their Elders past, present and emerging.
At Programmed, we endeavour to support Reconciliation Australia’s principles of Reconciliation, Relationships and Respect and Opportunities by:
- Acknowledging the need for genuine reconciliation and support the Uluru Statement from the Heart, connecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with real employment opportunities with career pathways
- Practising culturally-aware recruitment practices
- Maintaining genuine partnerships with customers and the communities in which we operate
- Supporting supplier diversity through our Supply Nation membership
- Building cultural awareness
- Providing ongoing mentoring and development, linked to career pathways
- Recognising and celebrating culture
Creating Meaningful Opportunities
It has been three years since Programmed Skilled Workforce pledged to provide 5,000 employment opportunities to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people through our Australian Employment Covenant initiative. Our progress has been excellent and we are on track to reach this target in 2026, with a current total of 3,009 opportunities group-wide.
Our Indigenous Employment Team work closely with our customers to identify and create genuine employment opportunities and undertake targeted recruitment campaigns for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. They recognise the importance of both community and individual wellbeing, developing Indigenous Participation Plans and Cultural Heritage Management Plans.
You can read more about some of our indigenous support programs below: